Thursday, December 13, 2012

Self-Portrait

 

1. Why did you select the inspiration pieces?
I chose the three inspirational pieces because they are unique in their own ways and got something out of each of them. The intensity of these artworks helped me to narrow down from several that I viewed.


2. Why did you select the media to create your self-portrait?
I selected a pencil and colored pencils to bring out the detail in my self-portrait. I feel as though colors have such a strong way of expressing feelings and understanding.


3. What challenges did you face in creating your self-portrait and how did you overcome them?
I am not a good artist when it comes to drawing so this is definitely something that I continue to try and work on. This always makes me nervous but yet do better each time.



 
4. How does this piece represent you?
This piece represents myself as a woman and explains a little about myself. The huge smile shows that I am always smiling even when I am not having the best of days. My smile has always been something that expresses who I am as person. For example: I have a bubbly personality and I am a fun loving individual. I hope that from what people can see, my self-portrait is all about me.



5. What elements and principles of art did you apply in this work?
I applied lines in my glasses, face and hair; texture strictly for my hair because it is soft and wavy, form is represented on my face and emphasis for my blue-grey eyes.


6. Did you enjoy working on this project?
Yes, this was interesting and required me to look beyond what I would normally to complete a project. I thought it was fun having to relay information about myself to the assignment. 


7. What do you think of your final artwork?
I think it came out good. It represents me somewhat, although I cannot draw, to an extent that I am happy with the end result.
I tried my best and I think that is all that matters!





No comments:

Post a Comment