Saturday, October 27, 2012

Module 9-Exploring Lines


1.     What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
This is somewhat difficult because you cannot set it down and look at it. Also, your hand cannot just sit still in the position that you want it to stay. 

2.     What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
I chose to draw this in pencil since last time charcoal was a bit messy. I wanted to work with a pencil this time to create lighter strokes. Also, it is easier to erase if I need to make a correction.

3.     How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
This was difficult since I really cannot draw well to begin with and writing with my left hand has never been an option for me. I simply cannot write well with it. You would definitely be able to tell the difference between my left and right hands and which one was my dominant without me having to tell you.

4.     Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
I have to say that my right hand came out pretty well but wish that my left hand was better. If I could steady my left hand more, the end result may have worked to my advantage. 

5.     Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?
No, I would not be able to create artwork in the future with my non-dominant hand because I don’t feel comfortable using it. I feel like my fingers just do not write well at all on my left hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment