Saturday, October 6, 2012

Reviewing Peer Responses

I reviewed the following blogs:
http://jamiehasenstab.blogspot.com/
http://artworlding.blogspot.com/

When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images? 
I completely agree with Jamie's elements and principles interpretation of the artist's images. There is clear definition for every photograph and is explained below for a better understanding. The variety picture could also be line and pattern due to the fence and how each row is similar. There are many images that could represent several elements and principles.

I agree with all of Gina's elements and principles photos. Her repetition photo is awesome, several girls in a line, holding hands. I think that this can also represent line, space and color. The line formed by repetition, color from their uniforms and space around them. There is a lot of variety and truly believe that all principles and elements were addressed clearly.

When looking at Project #2: Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?
Jamie and I shared a connection with the painting by James Ensor, Fireworks. The bright red and yellow colors affected both of us in different ways. She immediately thought it was a “vibrant tree” and to tell you the truth, I was not too sure. I knew that it was beautiful especially the way that the picture was represented but had to look closer to understand fully what it was. Jamie related this to her life by the way she has grown as an individual. I believe this painting is remarkable and can represent many emotions.

Gina and I want to both learn more about Juan Gris’ painting, Le Canigou. This was a painting that truly made you think of how it was inspired and what the purpose is for each object. Are they related? Why did he choose them? This painting would be a great discussion piece just to get the opinion of everyone’s views!

Where there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?
There was an image by Jasper Jones, Number in Color, in which Jamie chose that sparks some interest to me. I did not notice this painting while at the gallery and wish that I would have since this is quite interesting. I absolutely love the color and number arrangements. Every square is different and very unique. Jamie was also impressed by the beautiful colors Jasper used. All numbers and colors truly brought the painting together to represent a masterpiece. I would love to learn more about what inspired the artist to create this painting. Why numbers? Why did he use the specific colors selected?

What do you think about the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?

The peer review process is actually quite interesting because this is a way to see a variety of different interests. It gives more initiative for future projects and is also beneficial information to use for evaluating previous and upcoming ideas. I am a photography major so any type of image interests me and is truly valuable in my overall college experience. I love that everyone, no matter if they are of the same major or not, will have a different view on what an image can represent in its entirety.

Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?
I did not have any comments to my blog as of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment