Saturday, September 29, 2012

Logo Design-Darkroom Studios


Discuss what you thought about creating your logo.
I thought initially about my passion for photography. Eventually, I hope to own my own business and this assignment helped me with potential ideas for the future. I wanted to create a logo that defined my imagination for photography.

Describe the process: creative thinking skills and ideas you used in the logo creation.
I researched websites that were available on Angel along with searching on Google to spark some ideas for my logo. I found that many artists represent their first and last names. I wanted to incorporate this yet use my initials in a different way. I put them in the middle of the lens of the camera that I drew, somewhat like a copyright to my work. I knew that the word darkroom had to be included one way or another and eventually came up with the name “darkroom studios.”

What was the most important discovery you made in the creation of your logo?
The most important discovery was the creative aspect of the project. I wanted this to be as unique and different, yet simple to represent myself as a photographer. It literally took me a few hours to come up with a creative name and logo. This assignment brought out some of my creative ideas which helped with the overall creation of my logo. If I could draw better, this would work to my benefit!

What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos, powerpoint, and reading material  for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?
By watching the videos, powerpoint and reading material, I realized that the most important information was that it takes time to create a logo, especially if you, as the artist, wants it to be special. I believe the more sketches drawn, the better the finished logo will be. The videos helped me to determine exactly what was necessary in developing my own logo. Time and effort are important factors when brainstorming a unique logo that will not only catch the attention of the viewers but create a lasting memory for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment