Sunday, September 30, 2012

Art Gallery Visit

Which artworks make an impact or impression on me? Why?
~Jackson Pollock, Convergence, 1952. This painting made from oil on canvas immediately made me stop and think how awesome it was! I love the arrangement of colors and how they all come together throughout the whole picture. This made me think of graffiti yet in a good way. An expression of feelings and uniqueness which expresses how I feel on a daily basis.

~James Rosenquist, Nomad, 1963. This artwork made of oil on canvas, plastic and wood represents so many different things. I immediately was drawn to it because of the colors used and the variety of objects displayed. This has an impact on my feeling of summer activities from the picnic table, to the bottle, food, ballet and a microphone.

Which artworks do I feel a connection with? Why?
~Reed Anderson, Midnight Peacock Music, 2006. This is the very first piece of artwork that I felt a connection with mainly due to the design and colors. The light blues and pinks made me stop and look at it a few times. This was made with acrylic on cut paper. The design is absolutely beautiful and the colors make it stand out. I think that the artist was inspired by his love for music and peacocks so he put them together to represent this. If you look throughout the painting, you will notice pictures within that truly demonstrate the title and meaning.



~James Ensor, Fireworks, 1887. This painting is made from oil and encaustic on canvas. I felt a connection because of the way it made me think of the Fourth of July festivities. One of my favorite things to do in the summer is to watch fireworks on the fourth. This painting represents a wide variety of color and thought.

Which artworks would I like to know more about? Why?
~Juan Gris, Le Canigou, 1921. This painting made of oil on canvas made me truly wonder what the artist was thinking, what inspired him and why he organized this the way he did. I see a guitar, door, book and other things that I cannot decipher what they are exactly. I want to know the connection between all the items in the painting.

~Jorge Pardo, Untitled, 2008. This artwork made of silkscreen on MDF struck my interest to learn more. I wonder why the artist shaped this the way he did, what inspired the design and three-dimensional design and why he chose to made it out of MDF board. The artwork literally jumped out at me and made me stand there wanting more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment